Monday, February 14, 2011

The End Result

So, Saturday I showed up for the LBS ride, it was cold, around 28 degrees, only one other guys showed up so I waved goodbye and got back in the bed. Around noon, I got out and did 40, not hard but not easy, probably all wrong heart rate wise and I did keep telling myself to slow down but waht ya gonna do?

Sunday I am at the Airport ride, we roll and I am feeling good, my legs are a little tired and actually a little sore but I feel good, about five miles into it, I have moved forward, catching the wind at around 25mph when lo and behold, I have a mechanical. I am frustrated and head home. Fix the bike with a little ingenuity (I hope it's fixed) but while I was waiting for my repair to dry, I could not get on the bike.

So today, I decided to open up the throttle and test myself. End result, 19.8 mph for 25 miles, 1200 feet of climbing, windy (big head wind on the way back in), warm-up time, stop signs included, yes I threw up a little bit from the effort. The funny thing is I did not push the hills really at all until I turned into the wind, then I had to push everything just to keep moving forward. The garmin graph shows peaks and valleys with my heart rate until I got into the wind, then just goes high and stays there. I attribute this to alot of hard work and to Optygen, this stuff does let you work harder longer. I did not blow up, did'nt even come close, was it hard, yes, very hard ride but I had more in the tank Two more days of riding, one plyometric work out left till I go to Milan Italy on Wednesday, kinda psyched about that trip. Now, who's in for the Perry race? I already have a room booked at the Hampton and got two beds. Come on Bike Chain, represent!

3 comments:

  1. So many good MTB trails up your way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but the road is so much more fun, the tactics, the speed, the thrill of laying the bike over through a high speed turn, hoping for traction. Plus, I still have to drive at least an hour to get to those "good" trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attaboy. I hope the shifter cable issue gets resolved soon. Worst case scenario, we order some parts and you bring it to Zone 5 to have it repaired

    ReplyDelete